Welcome to the Falls Park Christian Center Food Pantry!
Give Away Food?
Ever ask yourself why a church has a food pantry to give away food?
A food pantry is a lot of work and a lot goes into providing food gifts for those in need. The food has to be ordered, paid for, picked up, inventoried, stored and managed by someone.
The church is not a social organization and we are not commanded in the Bible to have a food pantry, so why take on all that work?
Why does Falls Park Christian Center have a food pantry and give away food?
The Lord Jesus Christ does command His Church to minister to those in genuine need, both physically and spiritually.
One way of meeting a physical need is to supply food during a crisis in a person’s life.
The receipt of this gift of food means that a crisis has happened in your life. But, the food gift you have will only last a few days.Then what? What happens when the food is gone? Do you have a plan?
Are you also having a crisis in your spiritual life? What feeds you spiritually? What happens when you become spiritually bankrupt? Do you have a plan?
The answer to why we, at Falls Park Christian Center, manage a food pantry to give food away is very simple…once your physical needs are eased; we want to help you to understand you also need to be fed spiritually. Falls Park Christian Center can help you with a spiritual gift as well.
Why not give us an opportunity to help you spiritually? We are not talking about joining a church, a denomination, or about becoming religious. We are talking about helping you develop a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. He is the answer to both your physical and spiritual needs. Falls Park Christian Center is here to help you to have a plan for your needs through a relationship with Jesus Christ.
The Falls Park Christian Center Food Pantry is here to help provide food during a time of crisis. The food gift is given in the Name of Jesus to help you and your family. It is our hope that it blesses you in your time of need.
The following rules apply to all food gifts supplied by the Falls Park Christian Center Food Pantry:
1. I.D. is required for all people receiving a food gift.
2. The Falls Park Christian Center food gift is a one-time gift.
3. Additional food gifts may be received with a referral from a Falls Park Christian Center Member, Social Services, or other recognized support organizations.
4. Falls Park Christian Center will not give out a food gift to anyone it deems to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
5. If it is determined that a food gift has been sold or traded, Falls Park Christian Center will notify all other relief organizations (i.e. food banks, Social Services, Furniture Mission and other church food pantries) of the offender’s I.D. and the misuse of the food gift.
To request a food gift, leave a message at 605-334-0638 for the pantry administrator or fill out the form below.